Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Transfer Day!

Last night I couldn't sleep at all. I had this dream that B and I were in the lab with the embryologist and he was showing us the DNA of Ted Bundy and Ted Kaczynski. He said that our embryos carried that type of DNA and we shouldn't bring a child into the world. Can you say nightmare!

I stayed up the rest of the night thinking of how today would be. I hope that the embryologist explains (or dumbs it down for me) everything in full detail. I hope that our surrogate's uterus is a welcoming environment for our blastocysts and that the blastocysts are coated with glue (non-harmful and environmentally safe) before the transfer. I also hope that Dr. Patel is playing the Rocky soundtrack from movies I-IV just for motivation. I think that "Feeling Strong Now" or "Eye Of The Tiger" would do.

We probably won't be updating the blog tomorrow as we will be travelling home. It is like the ultimate cliffhanger. Sort of like not knowing if Tony got taken out on the final episode of The Sopranos. You are all going to wonder how many did they transfer? Did T pass out? What was their first meal back? When will they find out if their surrogate is pregnant? Oh, I actually know the answer to that one. We find out on our wedding anniversary, July 31. Wish us luck!

No comments: