Thursday, July 10, 2008

Bizarro World

Do you remember that Seinfeld episode where Elaine meets Bizarro Jerry and everything is exactly the opposite of real Jerry? That is kind of what my life seems like here in India. Back home in Southern California the extreme weather is wild fires, and in India the extreme weather is monsoon season. The place where we spend the most time here is the hotel restaurant that happens to be vegetarian. The place that I spend the most time at back home is work, which happens to be a steakhouse. The restaurant here does not employ female waitstaff, while the restaurant I work at employs mostly female waitstaff. Gujarat is a "dry" state, wheras back home I am surrounded by alcohol (I am a bartender...not a drunk).

As Bizarro Superman might say, me am craving meat!

No comments: