Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stoopid FAQs

Here are a few of the less intelligent questions that we have gotten from close friends and family members regarding our pregnancy via a surrogate in India.

Q. Are you going to feed baby Raj Indian food?
A. Maybe when our baby is older he or she will like Indian food. Also, you are a racist a$$hole.

Q. Will your baby be born with a dot on it's forehead?
A. Seriously? You may need to be checked out for brain rot.

Q. Did B have sex with M (our surrogate) to get her pregnant?
A. No. We did a cycle of IVF and then transferred our embryo to M.

Q. Aren't you glad that you won't have to gain weight and go through child birth?
A. This is probably the most hurtful question. For starters, I would rather gain 500lbs, lose a leg, and shave my head if it meant I could carry my own baby. I have already been through so much already (cancer, hysterectomy, IVF). Assuming that I would be happy to miss out on the experience of carrying my own child is, quite frankly, moronic.

5 comments:

Phoenix said...

Egad. Unbelievable. How about this one:

The baby will come out smelling of curry.

or this:

You could call the baby poppadum.

Yeah, right.

Anonymous said...

It just never ends does it. Every time I think I have experienced the height of stupidity, peoples innovative ability to set the bar higher just constantly makes me wonder if we're all screwed.

Try to ignore them or you'll go crazy.

Alex

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

Yep, I feel the same about the last one too! Would give up any of it to have the feeling of carrying my child and watching my belly grow. Like I told Amani...it shouldn't be this HARD!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to say anything new or innovative about the topic, but I'm so sorry you've had to endure the ignorance and cluelessness of others.

Aliwat said...

People are stupid. Thank God you and B are the ones who will be the parents instead of morons like that.

V and I had to hear yet another, "our friends adopted and then got pregnant after 10 years of infertility!" stories today. Needless to say, that will be the last miracle story this particular person tell us. Oops.

Hang in there - you are doing an amazing job!