Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Joy And Pain

We got the results from our first ultrasound. It showed two sacs...but sadly one is empty:(

I don't know how I am supposed to feel about this. I feel really sad for the twin that stopped growing, and really excited for the baby that is still growing. It is the most awkward mix of feelings. It really is joy and pain.

Our baby that is still growing has a great heart rate of 146 BPM and is scheduled to make his or her debut to the world on April 5, 2009!

6 comments:

Sanda said...

I too am conflicted for you. I'm sorry to hear about the twin :( It kind of stinks in a way how much information we have when we do IVF because most people wouldn't even go for an ultrasound until 10 weeks, let alone know what their HCG levels are and how they are rising or that they indicate multiples. Not that it still wouldn't be sad, but you've had all this time to be thinking about 2 and it kind of takes away from the excitement about the strong singleton in there. The heartbeat sounds great though and I am really excited for you that you've still got the one in there going strong!

Sanda said...

oh and by the way... loved the music video :)

Unknown said...

Hi--

You already know that I'm thrilled for you. We both were in the same boat, but we still have one healthy baby. I cannot wait to see your sonogram photo's!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear more good news about your little one. My birthday is also April 5 -- so I think that's pretty cool! :)

GiantJamSandwich said...

I'll concentrate on the positive -- so thrilled to hear that your little one's heart is beating strongly! Best wishes for a safe and uneventful pregnancy!

niobe said...

Thinking of you....