Thursday, March 12, 2009

Auntie Kathy

One year ago today I lost my favorite aunt/ godmother Kathy. She was the person who took care of me when my Mom was working. She was one of the most influential people in my life. She taught me a lot about being me and accepting what life gives you. Kathy was in an accident when she was 11 years old which left over 60% of her body burned. I never noticed that she looked different because to me she was beautiful. She exuded confidence. She was the greatest story teller I had ever met. She would often tell me stories about my Dad, and she always had me in a fit of laughter by the end. She was my saving grace during the most awkward and difficult times of my life. I loved her so much. Auntie Kathy, I miss you.

xoxo 2x2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracy--it is so fantastic to read about your journey-thanks for your candor- I can't wait to start in august. So much more at ease because of your blog. Enjoy the birth!