Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Holiday Scramble

B and I went back to Boston to spend the holidays with our families. Everyday was action packed with us whooshing around to see our families. I know it may sound silly--but I need a vacation from this vacation.

This year I reconnected with my Dad's side of the family. After my paternal grandmother passed away we all lost touch. It was great visiting my aunts, uncles, and cousins after not seeing them all for so long. I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't fall out of touch with them again.

We got tons of baby gifts from our families! Clothes, books, blankets, diaper bags, and a bouncy seat. B's Mom went on a knitting bonanza and made us a beautiful sweater with a matching hat, a few other hats, and a stroller blanket. When I opened the stroller blanket I said "you know we have a queen size bed, right?" Everyone laughed. J/Mom thank you for the amazing gifts that were definitly made with love.

We also went to Lake Winnipesaukee to visit our godson. He is perfect in every way and I hope our baby is as cute and cuddly as him. His Mommy gave me lots of great tips and registry advice. Love her for that!!!

We got back on Sunday afternoon and we have been crazy busy. Sully caught some sort of bug while he was at the kennel. He was sneezing like crazy (15 sneezes at a time)! His eyes were really watery with lots of discharge and his lips looked chapped. During one of his sneezing fits he actually sneezed blood. I had an F''ing heart attack. We rushed him to the emergency room and they sent us home with all sorts of pills and eye drops. I wish that he could talk and tell me something like "yo girl, I'm cool. Just caught something. Chillax". He is responding well to the meds and is acting more like the pup I love.

This weekend we will be moving in to our new apartment. I think it is a great way to start a new year that will be the beginning of a new chapter in our lives.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Sanda said...

Sounds like we had similar vacations! And we were in Boston for half of our trip too! Small world :)
The homemade baby gifts sound wonderful!
Hope Sully is feeling better soon!

Carrie Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You don't have to much longer, and I'm sure that you are getting excited. I just voted for a girl, and I'm wondering do I get a prize if I'm right!

I enjoy reading your blog.

Crystal